Ok, I just had to share this.
Be careful of 'statistics' and scare tactics.
Angela Poch, Director
Sette Publishing, Healthy Home Cookin’, and the Vegan Vegetarian Cooking School --- (Oh, and home schooling mother!)
“Like vegan cooking shows? Get them in the mail, delivered right to your door each month with The Vegan Vegetarian Cooking School!”
A student at Eagle Rock Junior High won first prize at the
Greater Idaho Falls Science Fair, April 26. He was
attempting to show how conditioned we have become to
alarmists practicing junk science and spreading fear of
everything in our environment. In his project he urged
people to sign a petition demanding strict control or total
elimination of the chemical "dihydrogen monoxide."
And for plenty of good reasons, since:
1. it can cause excessive sweating and vomiting
2. it is a major component in acid rain
3. it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
4. accidental inhalation can kill you
5. it contributes to erosion
6. it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
7. it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients
He asked 50 people if they supported a ban of the chemical.
Forty-three (43) said yes, six (6) were undecided, and only
one (1) knew that the chemical was water.
The title of his prize winning project was, "How Gullible